Join the family-owned Mintahoe Catering & Events team, and gain valuable hospitality experience while being a respected employee with the largest pure caterer in the Midwest!
We’re looking for energetic and service-oriented people who are passionate about providing exceptional service to our guests. This role is perfect for students returning home for the summer, someone who wants to supplement their income, or anyone with who gets satisfaction from working with people. You’ll have the opportunity to work at unique locations like the Nicollet Island Pavilion, Mall of America, Van Dusen Mansion, Minnesota Boat Club and A’Bulae, while being part of a hardworking and fun workplace environment. If you’d like to see more about the fabulous places you’ll be working, visit us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Here’s what you’ll be doing as a Server with Mintahoe:
- Ensuring proper and timely set-up and execution of parties & events
- Serving 3 or more tables
- Setting, refilling and clearing courses and tables
- Set up and replenish food stations and buffets to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation
- Provide an awesome client experience and ensure all guest requests are addressed promptly
- Being mindful of specific guest’s allergies, dietary needs, and disabilities
- Maintain a steady workflow by performing prescribed duties with accuracy and minimal supervision
- Arrive at work on time, and ensure personal appearance and uniform (provided) are clean and professional
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the manager, and complete server/safety training
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
Sound intriguing? If you said “Yes!”‘, check out the qualifications below to see if you and Mintahoe are a good fit.
- Serving experience in a restaurant or hospitality setting preferred but not required
- Preferred High School Diploma/GED, or equivalent experience
- Phenomenal customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while remaining upbeat and focused, adapting quickly to changing priorities
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work with poise in a fast-paced environment, and execute tasks with minimal direction
- Must be able to remain standing for the entire length of a shift, and carry large food and beverage trays weighing up to 25 pounds unassisted for a given length of time.
- Available to work shifts of varying lengths, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum age requirement for this role is 18
Fringe benefits include flexible hours and promotional opportunities…refer a friend, and you may receive a bonus!
This is a part-time hourly paid position, with steady scheduling from April through December based on your availability.
If this sounds like your kind of gig we want to hear from you! Fill out an application here. If you have a resume please be sure to email it to [email protected], and we look forward to meeting you!